Sunday, January 31, 2016

What Are You Saying "YES" to in 2016 - Making Money

I'm saying "YES" to - making money!

Journal52 week 2 prompt "What are you saying "Yes" to in 2016.

I first wrote "Travel and discovering new paths" because for some reason that seems more humble than asking for money. Sure I would like to travel and discover new paths. I'm not sure why I have such a hard time justifying the money-making part of business though. I'm happy and willing to do the work, just asking for monetary compensation is hard for me. When I added the seagull, he first said something clever "Where's the beach?" Then I had him say what I really was thinking "Don't forget to include making money."  After 35 years of marriage and being supported by my husband I want to help. I want to "Make the Money!" All my life I've saved money, I've thought of doing things, so it didn't require a lot of money, I've even found things for FREE on my wish list just because I was willing to wait for them. I have everything I need so it has felt greedy to want to make money. But now I want to earn a "good" income. I want to take the burden from my husband. I want to make some money! So I am saying "YES" to making money.

This page was made using a "Journal Starters" image from my book Journal Starters: Sampler Volume 1 (My intended "money" maker.)


Perhaps I should make another page with my intention loud and clear...


Added 2/19/2016 Second page with intention clearly stated -

I decided to make a second page. While at first glance it is not a "showstopper" page, I had a marvelous time adding only collaging bits of photocopied of money. For rules on using images of money look here. http://smallbusiness.chron.com/usage-money-images-advertising-64067.html

Look closely and you will see faces and words from the 150%+ bill incorporated into the forest. The feather and inkwell is also pieced from the photocopied money.


No comments: